Shameer’s practice focuses on real estate, corporate, and business matters. He works with real estate developers and investors in connection with the purchase, sale, improvement, refinance, leasing, and repositioning of assets, and has experience structuring private offerings in connection with real estate transactions. Shameer’s corporate and business practice includes the purchase and sale of businesses, raising outside capital (including emerging companies and real estate syndicators), and business general counsel services.
Shameer’s real estate practice includes the purchase, sale, finance, and leasing of improved and unimproved real property. He regularly advises multifamily, hospitality, retail, office, and residential developers and investors on their transactions. In conjunction with his transactional expertise, Shameer often prepares private placement offering documents for syndicators seeking to raise funds for their projects pursuant to 506(b) and 506(c) of Regulation D to the Securities Act. As a partner of the Firm’s Fidelity National Title fee office, Shameer has expertise in survey and title matters.
Shameer’s corporate practice focuses on business transactions, including corporate formations, employment agreements, and mergers and acquisitions. Shameer has drafted numerous agreements, including company agreements, independent contractor agreements, merger agreements, and purchase-sale agreements.
Shameer’s emerging company practice focuses on the representation of startups and venture capital funds from formation, through various stages of investment, and at exit. He has worked on over 50 rounds of funding for clients, and currently represents startups globally. His venture capital practice includes the representation of funds based in the US and India, as well as high net worth individuals and investment groups.
Shameer also has expertise in transactional film matters, including the representation of production companies, independent producers, actors and crew in connection with all aspects of the development and production of motion picture and television projects, including negotiating and drafting agreements.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015 – 2019
- Representation of purchase or seller in over 100 multifamily transactions nationwide ranging from Class A to Class C assets.
- Securities representation of syndicators in connection with syndicated purchases of multifamily assets nationwide.
- Representation of purchase or seller in over 50 hospitality transactions nationwide featuring each of the major franchisors.
- Representation of investor groups in connection with transactions to acquire retail assets nationwide, including associated lease due diligence.
- Representation of gas station and convenience store owned in connection with sale to national real estate developer and subsequent ground-lease.
- Representation of commercial developer in connection with the acquisition of land for, development of, and lease-up of, retail centers.
- Representation of commercial developer in connection with the acquisition of land and subsequent development of two mixed-use hotel, condominium, and senior living towers.
- Representation of developer in connection with the acquisition of an existing multifamily building, conversion to a condominium development, and subsequent sell-off.
- Representation of limited service hotel developer in connection with the acquisition of land and subsequent development of upper select service hotel.
- Securities representation of real estate fund in connection with $25 million 506(c) crowdfunding fundraise.
- General counsel to multifamily investment fund in connection with ground-up Class A developments nationwide.
- Representation of borrowers in connection with the negotiation and closing of commercial mortgage backed security (CMBS) loans.
- Corporate representation in connection with roll-up of 15 liquor stores in the North Texas area.
- Corporate representation of technology startup in connection with stock and cash acquisition by publicly traded technology company.
- Corporate representation of industrial technology company in connection with cash acquisition by a global private equity firm as part of an industry roll-up strategy.
- Corporate representation of technology solutions company with offices around the globe in connection with a stock and cash acquisition by publicly traded technology company.
- General corporate representation of an India-based venture capital fund in connection with the fund’s US investments.
- General corporate representation of UAE based conglomerate in connection with its expansion into the United States, and associated acquisitions.
- General counsel to various venture capital funds in connection with investments and general corporate advisory.
- Real estate counsel in connection with the sale of North Texas’s largest soundstage facility.
- Production counsel to various independent and studio films and television series.