Licensed to practice law in 2009, for over 10 years Jonathan has helped clients achieve favorable results with legal matters in both their business and personal affairs. Jonathan’s practice covers a wide range of areas under the law, including complex business litigation, bankruptcy, real estate, estate planning, probate, civil litigation, and civil appeals.
Jonathan is a native Texan, but has also lived in the Midwest and on the West Coast. Besides his juris doctorate degree from Baylor Law School, Jonathan has an undergraduate degree in both math and computer science from Principia College, and a master’s degree in computer science from Baylor University. Prior to entering the practice of law, he spent a number of years as a software engineer, and also taught computer science at a university overseas.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Over 10 years of general civil litigation experience, in a wide range of areas (including complex multi-court business disputes, bankruptcy cases, construction law, and family law/divorce cases)
- A wide range of bankruptcy experience, for both debtors and creditors, in both corporate and individual bankruptcy cases (i.e. Chapter 7, 11, 12, and 13 cases)
- Representing landlords and property owners (both multi-family and single-family) when a tenant or borrower files bankruptcy
- Handling eviction cases for both landlords and tenants, both in JP courts and appeals in county court
- SBA loan workouts for businesses
- Buying and selling businesses and business assets (both in and out of bankruptcy cases)