Brandon’s litigation practice focuses primarily on prosecuting and defending complex commercial and real estate and construction disputes. Brandon takes every step of the legal process seriously for his clients and crafts each litigation strategy with the client’s best interests in mind. Brandon’s extensive legal knowledge and ability to resolve highly complex disputes between parties is employed every day when dealing with clients, opposing counsel, judges, and court staff. Brandon understands that each client is unique and each case requires a custom approach. It is this understanding that allows Brandon to effectively determine what the client needs and implement a tailor-made plan to address each client’s needs. Brandon’s practice is focused primarily on Commercial Litigation, Family Law and Criminal Defense Work. During Brandon’s time in law school, he interned at the Dallas County Public Defender’s Office and Legal Aide of North Texas where he gained considerable experience in both the family law and criminal law arenas. Following licensure in 2011, Brandon began working for a boutique law firm in Dallas, Texas specializing in personal injury, criminal law and immigration, where he gained valuable experience in the civil and criminal arena.
Since teaming up with The Patel Law Group, Brandon has handled a wide array of legal disputes including, but not limited to, hotel occupancy tax disputes, construction litigation, consumer protection lawsuits, landlord-tenant disputes, child support cases, TWC unemployment disputes, partnership disputes, misdemeanor drug offenses, and real estate contract preparation. More recently, Brandon has started to expand his practice to include fighting for the rights of those who have been injured (i.e., auto accidents, slip and falls, etc.) through no fault of their own. Brandon does an equal amount of plaintiff and defense work, depending on the specific needs of the client and he spends most of his time in the courtroom fighting for his clients. While Brandon’s goal is to help his clients resolve their issues prior to litigation, sometimes lawsuits are an unavoidable reality and Brandon makes sure to touch his cases from the pre-litigation stage through the appellate process, if necessary.
Prior to attending law school, Brandon Smith earned a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies from the University of Texas at Arlington.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Counsel to corporation and small business owners in prosecution of consumer protection cases
- Defense counsel to corporation in complex construction litigation and provide legal defense in commercial litigation including, but not limited to, hotel occupancy tax lawsuits, contract disputes.
- Counsel and advisor to business owners during stock redemption and stock transfers
- Counsel and advisor to property owners in landlord-tenant disputes Defense
- counsel to tenants in forcible detainer actions Counsel and strategic advisor in owner and contractor/subcontractor disputes.
- Counsel and advisor to homeowners facing foreclosure sale.
- Counsel throughout contested and uncontested family law matters including, but not limited to, custody and child support disputes, such as modifications of possession and access orders, modifications of child support, default prove-ups, uncontested prove-ups, partition and exchange agreements, etc.
- Counsel to several construction companies, general contractors and subcontractors throughout the pre-litigation and litigation stages.
- Defense counsel in legal malpractice, fraud, negligent misrepresentation and breach of fiduciary duty cases.
- Counsel to several technology companies in the prosecution of debt collection cases
- Prosecuted numerous personal injury lawsuits
- Counsel to both adult and juvenile criminal defendants charged with drug, alcohol, and/or assault offenses
- Prepare systems development and service contracts, commercial leases, and asset purchase agreements.